Month eight marks the last month I am at home full-time with the girls! This last month was huge for Chloe, so many big changes and it is my favourite stage 🙂
Being that she never stays still photos are hard these days, so I gave up trying to get the perfect monthly photo, hence the blurry phone photo above 😉
Oh Chloe where to begin?! You are my little spit fire these days, so calm and content but determined – mainly to steal whatever toy your sister has 😉 You have zero tolerance for anyone eating in front of you and show it loud and clear! For a baby that was always so quiet you found your voice with many new “words” and well, you sound like a little gremlin!
- Whatever toy/object Avery has
- ALL FOOD
- Destroying anything you can 😉
- Eating in front of her – she gets so mad and wants all the food!
After seeing a Pediatrician we decided to give Chloe a few bottles a day in addition to nursing. She loved this and as of today is almost weaned except a couple morning feedings. – woot woot! Seeing as I am back to work in just over a month this is a huge relief as I was not sure how this would go over.
Chloe LOVES FOOD. You cannot eat in front of her without sharing or else angry Chloe comes out 😉 She eats anything and everything – I love this non-picky stage! She eats whatever we are eating just cut up small. This has helped with her pincher movement a ton and she is getting great at self feeding. I cannot name all the new foods she has had since the only two things we avoid are honey and cows milk.
Another BIG month! The Pediatrician told me she did not need night feedings anymore. I was scared to wean these with her low weight gain so I was going to give her until the end of November when she just did it herself. She now sleeps from 7:30pm-5:30am, feeds then goes back to sleep for about an hour.
Naps are pretty consistent too, 8:30-9:30am, 12:30-2:00pm and 4:30-5:00pm. Her ideal awake period is 2-2.5 hours but we can push it with certain tactics 😉
- Sleeping through the night!!! Only took her 7.5 months (this seemed long as Avery was 2 months!)
- Crawling! She is fast and furious! She rolls, crawls on all fours or army crawls, whatever suits her best at the time. This means trouble! She gets into anything and everything too!
- “Talking” – so many new words this month. Well, “words” for a 8 month old 😉 “Dadda” “Yaya” are the closest to real words.
- Playing games. Her favourite is “where is Chloe” where she will take whatever she has and put it over her face when you ask her that. She is also pretty great at giving high fives 🙂
Chloe is still such an easy baby, keep her fed and napped and life is good 🙂 I love this stage, as they become so interactive and start to develop their personalities more and more. I know come January not seeing her all day will be tough but I also know she is going to love dayhome as much as Avery does – she is already a social girl just like Avery 🙂