I did a post on staying organized as working Mom so I think it only makes sense to do one now that I am at home full time with two kids.
I am a planner at heart and have always been one, it is my jam and without it I feel lost, unproductive and just not myself. Not everyone is like this which I get but for me it works and helps me keep my sanity.
The first month at home with just Chloe was easy, we did our thing, relaxed and just went with the flow but once Avery joined us at home full time I knew I had to get a little more organized. Avery is a busy girl and well I get stir crazy just as easy so I created a simple weekly planner for us to keep us organized.
Every week I plan the following things:
- Two outings. Examples – a beach day, go on a picnic, visit a new park, go to the Jungle Farm, go to the library, the spray park…the list goes on and on. I started a list in my phone to keep track of ideas as I see them as well as drop in activities, the times and price.
- Two-Three at home activities. One will usually be baking since Avery and I love to bake and this helps with our meal/snack planning, then a craft and a sensory/learning activity. Pinterest helps me organize these ideas.
- Two-Three Mom “to-do”. From cleaning out the fridge, yard work, organizing the pantry I like to have at least one project for myself each week as well. I typically will do these during nap times since both girls nap from 12-2pm together.
- Breakfasts and Lunches. I usually do not plan these but to stay on track and to make sure we have food in the house for these I have started to plan a few each week. I forgot how much a toddler needs to snack all day! I use Sunday-Monday to bake at least one item for the week and do any other prep.
- Suppers. As usual you can follow our meal plans on Foodie Friday!
- My workouts. With two kids at home I realized I needed to continue planning these as well as treat them as my job and non-negotiables. I have always done this but wanted to re-commit to this idea. Working out makes me feel better, be a better mom/wife etc so I make the time for them.
My befilled planner. I have a side column I write down weekly ideas for outings, activites, to-dos, snack and lunch ideas. As I think of ideas I write them down so I might be planning a week or so out.
Fridge Meal Planner. Suppers are written on this white board that is on our fridge.
Our family calendar (above). This is just printed from Outlook but helps Chad and I quickly check our schedule a month or two in advance. Appointments and other plans are written down so we do not double book ourselves. I found this to help Chad a lot (though he might not admit it!).
So far this has helped me (and my family) a ton to adjust to stay at home Mom life so I am hoping to continue it through my maternity leave.