Being that the next 2 days I only work half days I really tried to be productive today and well it did not happen. I decided to run a few work related errands and just ran into dead ends and an hour wasted. Plus a longer than expected morning appointment took me out of the office for almost 2 hours. Oh well, life does go on!
Saying that 5pm came very quickly today, there was no checking the clock 100 times to see the magical 5:00pm. Day 3 of Livefit week 5 for us was on the gym agenda, also the third gym in a row…The good news we are still holding up 😉 Today’s workout was arms & abs. Yes, two days of abs for weeks 5 & 6! I was happy to see this since I found weeks 1-4 to be lacking on the ab side of things.
Barbell Curl – 3 sets of 12 – 20lbs
Alternating Hammer Curling – 3 sets 10 – 8lbs
Tricep Press – 3 sets of 12 – 15lbs
Triceps Pushdown – 3 sets of 12 – 10lbs
Air Bike – 3 sets of 25
Roman Chair Leg Lift – 3 sets of 12
Crunches – 3 sets of 15
Supper was a perfect summer night supper, chicken and apple sausage BBQ’ed by Chad, perogies and a side salad. Both the sausage and perogies were from Clancy’s. They had a grand opening sale a couple weeks back and 20% off so we stocked up on a few items. So far we have been more than pleased with all the products from there.
Now onto the title of post… feeling boring. Yeah, I feel boring these days or in a funk. Not overly sure why – I love summer and usually would want to spend every minute of sunshine outside. Now I do the same thing most nights – gym, make and eat supper, blog, shower and lay around watching TV shows. Not exciting at all. I am hoping my busy next few days helps me out a bit here, after all its already the middle of July?!
To look on the bright side of things, here are some fun things I am looking forward to:
– The parade tomorrow morning with my Mom
– A pancake breakfast and chili cook-off lunch Thursday with Chad & some friends
– The Blogger meet-up in Calgary Thursday evening, me and Becky are carpooling!
– Going to the fair with Chad Friday after work – my plan to watch the llamas, exotic cat show, and of course, eat mini donuts and ice cream!
– My 10km race on Sunday! Hopefully followed by a pancakes breaky 🙂
– Summer holidays! We are off from July 27th to August 6th and while we are not going anywhere far we have a few exciting day trips planned and lots of R&R.
Anyone else out there in a “funk”?
How do you beat it or get out of it!?