It has been a busy couple of days and I feel like I fell off the blog world a bit. Wednesday after work I went to prenatal yoga, then home to freshen up before heading to the Rush concert. The concert started at 8pm but due to technical problems it was delayed an hour. Long story short the concert was good, Baby K kicked the entire time BUT it was midnight before we got out of there. WAY past my bedtime of 9pm. Yesterday was not that bad but by 8pm (after a gym trip and supper) I could barely keep my eyes open and fell asleep at 8:30pm. This morning I think my body still needs to wake up or needs coffee.
Here is the meal plan for the coming week:
Saturday – I am boycotting cooking… lol.
Sunday – Southwestern Quinoa and Black Bean Casserole – pinch of yum
Monday – Quinoa pasta with tomato sauce and turkey meatballs
Tuesday – Tilapia Tacos – my recipe
Wednesday – Turkey meatball subs and garden salad
Thursday – Breakfast skillet – potatoes, cheese, turkey bacon, egg and veggies – This will be a test recipe…
Friday – Summer Quinoa Salad and grilled chicken – salad from Iowa Girl Eats
A few other random things I want to share this morning:
– A wave of random acts of kindness hit our province yesterday with people going into Tim Horton’s and paying for $500 plus of people’s coffees, at first I thought this was a (brilliant) marketing campaign by Tim Horton’s but they say it is not them. Here is an article on it. I hope people who benefited from this pay it forward.
– Baby K got her first (I think) hiccups yesterday. At first I thought it was kicks but they were timed too perfectly and I felt them in my low back.
– Project nursery dresser is not going that great. After painting all the drawers I was not happy with the texture, the paint is not smooth even though before painting the wood was perfectly prepped and smooth. I have two ideas of why this happened – too much paint or not enough dry time between coats. Now I am sanding them all down again and starting over…
– This weekend the weather is supposed to be crappy. I really want to get to Centrefest but besides that I am okay with it since we can get more stuff done in the nursery.
– One of my favorite purse brands is having a contest, Nella Bella, to win a handbag – the contest is fun and easy so make sure you check it out. Details here.
That is all I got today, enjoy your Fridays and weekend.