Growing up I was not a athletic child, I was a klutz and preferred to stay away from sports in general. High School gym class was my nemesis.
But after High School I found out that not only was being active really important to my health but that I enjoyed it. For the next 5 years I had a semi consistent workout plan hitting the gym when I could.
It was in 2008 after I got engaged I decided to get more serious about my workouts. I developed a love for running, stood up to my fear of weights and started to really love working out in all ways.
Today, I am learning that like everything else being active is great for you in moderation and its all about balance. Check out some of the workouts and plans I have developed for myself.
In June 2012 I wrote a running and fitness bucket list, that I am going to work my way through. Crossed off items have been completed.
Run a Color Me Rad race
– Run the NYC Marathon
– Run a marathon (half or full) along the ocean
– Run a Rock n’ Roll Marathon
– Get the following PR’s: 10km – 45 minutes, half marathon – 1:40, full marathon – 3:40
– Run another Disney race
– Run a relay type race
– Hold a plank for 5 minutes
– Learn to do a chin-up
– Do 20 push-ups in a row (not girly ones!)
– Golf 9 holes with a score under 50